Hi Humans,

Don't be shy. If you want to comment on my blog entries, please do so. You don't have to be a dog to say what you think. or if you have a pet dog and want to have your dog speak for you, that's also OK. I would like to hear from you or your dog.

Chloe

Monday, September 1, 2014

Do Dogs Appreciate Beauty?



Hi Humans,
I’ll bet you Humans think you are the only creatures who can appreciate beauty. I beg to differ. I can’t speak for all the other species, but we dogs can certainly appreciate the beauty of aromas much more than you nose challenged Humans. When I go for a walk down the street with Dad, I stop at every bush to appreciate its unique scent. I don’t see Dad sniffing the bushes. He just gets impatient with me and tugs at the leash pulling me away before I can fully savor the beauty.

I would concede that you guys can appreciate paintings, sculpture, and other visual art better than we can. After all you do have better eye sight. As for great music, when Dad is listening to some quiet romantic classical music while doodling on his computer and I am reclining nearby, I can appreciate that as part of an overall serene environment. But when it comes to a banging crashing symphony or some atonal modern noise, that doesn’t set well in my ears.

As you Humans say, “Beauty is in the eye [or nose] of the beholder.” That is true.

Chloe


No comments:

Post a Comment