Hi Humans,

Don't be shy. If you want to comment on my blog entries, please do so. You don't have to be a dog to say what you think. or if you have a pet dog and want to have your dog speak for you, that's also OK. I would like to hear from you or your dog.

Chloe

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Si Dolce e L Tormento

Hi Humans,
I know you guys have the ability to screw up our world, and have gone a long way towards doing it. But you also have done a lot of good things like creating technology that has provided benefits to us dogs as well as you humans. So maybe I shouldn't just complain. You guys also have created the arts. It's true you don't appreciate the beauty of aromas as much as we do, but you do have a better feel for the other senses. Today I want to mention a beautiful song that was written by a human named Claudio Monteverdi around 400 years ago (that's a lot of dog generations). The song is a madrigal called "Si Dolce e L Tormento". The words are of a male human lamenting over his rejection by a female human. I can feel for him. It happens in our species as well as in yours. The melody is absolutely hauntingly beautiful. It can be found on Youtube at many web addresses. I will mention just 3 of them, but there are more.
Rolando Villazon can be seen and heard singing it at Villazon
or Marco Beasley at Beasley
or for a Blues Twist on Trumpet by a Dutch group at Nachtgeluiden
So you see I'm not just a grumbling critical dog.
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment