Hi Humans,

Don't be shy. If you want to comment on my blog entries, please do so. You don't have to be a dog to say what you think. or if you have a pet dog and want to have your dog speak for you, that's also OK. I would like to hear from you or your dog.

Chloe

Monday, June 24, 2013

Leaker

Hi Humans,
Let me give you my opinion about that guy who leaked out US Government intelligence information, supposedly in the name of promoting transparency. I think he should be arrested, put on trial, and locked away in jail if he's found guilty. He probably is guilty since he publicly confessed because he thinks he did a good deed. Transparency (honesty) is good in most situations. However intelligence (information often gained by spying) is not one of those situations. It would be nice if all the people and nations in the world were honest with each other, always cooperated with each other, and never did harm to each other. But really that is not the way it is in your human world in which all of us creatures must live. Most governments do spy on each other. Nowadays there are also terrorists out there, in some cases acting independently and in other cases supported by certain governments. They mean to do harm to other people with whom they disagree. And in some cases like 911 and the Boston marathon bombing, they actually carried out their harmful intentions. I realize there is some conflict between freedom from being snooped on and freedom from being killed by a terrorist gun or bomb. You need some balance, but between the 2 threats I would prefer life over protection of the telephone or e-mail.
But what do I know? I'm just a dog.
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment